turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

reneeelc

We have a 1099-R distribution, and TurboTax is asking if it was for a qualified disaster. It's not, so I selected "No," but now it's asking what kind of disaster it was?

My return was rejected as well apparently due to this bug.  When I open my return in Turbo Tax, no "details about what needs updating" are displayed.  No "walking through updates" either.  When will this be fixed??
hevnmark

We have a 1099-R distribution, and TurboTax is asking if it was for a qualified disaster. It's not, so I selected "No," but now it's asking what kind of disaster it was?

Same here.  Efile rejected due to this

My advice is wait till TT fixes the issue. Long years dealing with the IRS tells me they will reject for the slightest problem.
wdaley

I am also having this issue, and hesitate to file a return with the IRS that says "I had a disaster loss" when I didn't!  Sounds like Turbotax is suggesting we file a false return!

Same issue. When and how will we be notified when this is fixed? Hopefully, not on April 14th. If it isn't fixed how do we get a refund from Turbo Tax so I can pay someone to do my taxes?
wdaley

I STRONGLY suggest that anyone with this problem contact Turbo Tax IMMEDIATELY and advise them of this problem!  If we don't contact them they will not understand the SERIOUS nature of this problem.  Suggesting that we "go ahead" and just file with the IRS is opening us up to potential criminal violations for filing false tax returns.   Also, maybe someone knows an attorney who can look into this for us.  Clearly this needs to be fixed NOW, and Turbo Tax should reimburse all of us for the time and headaches that this is causing to each of us.

When you answer No to these questions then leave it blank, it won't fill in the section in your return stating you have a disaster. It leaves your return accurate and in tact. Look through your forms if you are unsure or call them and have them go over it with you. They wouldn't post a work around if it possibly impacted your return. This is the World's leading tax software and they are good at what they do and would never jeopardize or compromise anyone's return.
wdaley

Suggesting we file a return with the IRS containing a false statement that "we have a Qualified Disaster Distribution" but leaving everything else blank is NOT a good work around!  If you check your forms (in the top right corner of the screen) you will see that you have created a form 8915B with your return.  Since Turbotax does not monitor this chat everyone needs to CALL the customer service number and let them know there are many of us out here that need this problem fixed ASAP.

I don't know what the hell is taking Turbo so long to fix this problem.  It is major, and results in my case with an undercalculation of tax due and no 8606s.  
klsajslll

I just hope it's soon.  I keep checking for updates.  The last time it updated, it got corrupted and I had to uninstall and re-install TurboTax.  I hope the next time is better.  Maybe time for TaxCut
fg10950

What version are you all using? I have cd home and business. Just called 800 number. First they are hearing. I think you all should call as well

What is the 800 to call TT?
wdaley

Have Home and Business CD as well, and was on the phone with them over 2 hours, had me delete CD and sent me download, which did NOT resolve the problem.  
wdaley

They won't let you post a phone number here, but here's a link to the number: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.intuit.com/company/contact/">https://www.intuit.com/company/contact/</a>
fg10950

Lol I tried to post the number
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies