turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mw374

We have a 1099-R distribution, and TurboTax is asking if it was for a qualified disaster. It's not, so I selected "No," but now it's asking what kind of disaster it was?

Exact same issue. If this can't be fixed quickly I will have to file using another system.

We have a 1099-R distribution, and TurboTax is asking if it was for a qualified disaster. It's not, so I selected "No," but now it's asking what kind of disaster it was?

Same issue. Appeared after an update
ccobb720

Same issue. Answering no and leaving type of disaster blank defaults to hurricane disaster distribution. I’m using the online version. Turbo Tax can’t be trusted.

I am really unhappy with Turbo Tax because of this and other goofy things.  I will not be using this company next year!

I need to go back.
Gus49

I had the same problem-I just kept clicking no several times and it finally went to the next page.
fg10950

Get the update. It’s fixed now

Having the same issue when the review is completed and nothing before then.  Concerned to submit without having this resolved.  TurboTax glitch they need to fix!!

April 4th, and instead it asks about disasters, and when answering no it starts asking about amounts of the hurricane disaster.  No way to choose otherwise.  Not an improvement.
sgoins01

Same issue still, and it's April 12th!

I was able to correct the problem by simply updating the software on March 10th. After I updated I rebooted my computer, opened Turbo Tax and the issue was gone.
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is aware of this issue and is currently working on a solution.

As a workaround, you can answer "no" to the question "Was this a Qualified Disaster Distribution?"  and when asked "What type of disaster affected you in 2017?" leave the selection blank and hit continue.  This will not affect any calculations and you will be able to E-file. 

Please check out the TurboTax FAQ below for more details and to sign up if you would like to receive updates on this issue:  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7253580

I am having the same issue and if I follow these instructions it is then asking me if I want to pay the whole tax?  I am afraid this is going to be an issue!

This is a bug. Help line told me to click on through. Leave "type of disaster" blank. And "pay the whole tax". It worked as far as completing the return, but I haven't filed yet. Waiting to see if there is an update coming out.

My federal return was rejected and it appears to be related to this bug.  Please fix it asap.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies