Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to enter charity donation – screen locks up

I don't need tax advice, I just need for the application to work!  I am trying to finish my Federal return for 2022.  I am attempting to enter donation information for a charity.  When I click on the button that says "Add or Edit Items" the screen locks up.  I have started a new online session multiple times, and the same issue occurs.  VERY frustrating!  What is the problem with this?

turbo_tax_locked_screen.JPG

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

The reply directs me to use the "Contact Us" option which is how I ended up posting here in the first place.  So using Contact-Us is not helpful.  Live help is not available.

I didn't have an issue when using the Online Premier software....perhaps something with the Online SE software?

______

But.....a couple thing to try:

1)  If using a Windows computer, certain waiting Windows OS updates have been known to block certain TTX functions.  Exit TTX and check for/install any waiting Windows updates (a couple were issued last week)  ....then reboot and try again.

Still no go?

2) Try creating an entirely new test charity...and see if you can make an entry there.   Then delete it if it works.

Then delete that charity you are having a problem with, and recreate it from scratch.

All I can think of for the moment......or...oh yeah..

3)...maybe try a different browser to log into your Online account before trying again?  Chrome, Edge, etc...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@gcoxusa 

" So using Contact-Us is not helpful.  Live help is not available."

That is because you posted on the weekend.   During the "off" season, you can only get customer support on the phone during business hours Monday - Friday.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time daily

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies