turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax is telling me there I need to review box 14 for my 1099R. The field is imputed exactly as what is on the form, yet it will not let me e-file

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbo Tax is telling me there I need to review box 14 for my 1099R. The field is imputed exactly as what is on the form, yet it will not let me e-file

Do not enter a dollar sign. just numbers and a decimal point (if applicable).

1) make sure boxes 14 and 15 are labeled the same as to the subject for the box on your Paper and your software boxes.....some 1099-R issuers are still using last year's box numbering, improperly putting state withholding in box 12 when it goes inbox 14 this year.

2)  IF the software is still having issues, usually it is because box 16 is empty. Especially for NY, you have to copy the value of box 2a into box 16 in the software (or box 1 if box 2a is empty/undetermined).  They feel it is improper to have withholding in box 14 if "nothing" was distributed in box 16.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies