turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If I am under a up to 60 day chosen review .will it take the whole 60 days or is it resolved sometimes sooner ?

Hello princewatkins you have a great point there, also im in the same boat as everyone here i filed on feb3 2018 and then on march5 2018 got a damn letter stating i need too verify my identify so i called that same day passed lady told me i should get my refund in about 2 weeks or so, think again wrong well then i called irs told me that to wait another week or so they didn't tell me jackshit so waited, then on march22 BOOM another damn letter 4464c stating a 60day review crap, well i waited for those 60 days on may22 2018 called that same day the guy told me going to put in a referral notice and took my full name in and my phone number as well after that he said it wont take another 60day crap hopefully its true what he's saying , told me that he needed too fixed a adjusted to my withholding was incorrect or something like he said so right now its june7 2018 no letter nor email nor a phone call from the irs nothing, we all need our money we taxpayers pay taxes in our regular basis people, the irs needs to speed up our tax return i know they don't care i bet they sitting down on their chairs doing nothing just eating coffee and donuts or maybe on youtube or watching movies on their computer, this is panicteic

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If I am under a up to 60 day chosen review .will it take the whole 60 days or is it resolved sometimes sooner ?

Im going through same thing. :( Filed jan 27th...march 5th got letter informing me that i was under review and " it could take up to 60 days for my refund" i called May 15th almost 70 days after letter and was informed that she would put in a referral for someone to be in contact with me since i havent received it yet. Told me " it could take up to 60 days for someone to CALL ME. Just too call me??? Its now 6/8/18 and nothing. No call , No Money.
I think Im more aggravated at that fact that if rolls were reversed..they would garnish my wages, take everything i own in a blink of an eye. But can treat not only me but thousands like this and its ok? Its not ok!
I work my ass off all year long 70 hrs a week and claim 0 for that money i put in savings and use for emergencies and vacation for my family. Thats my MONEY!!
I was ok with under review...review away..i have nothing to hide. I put W2 in and add the same 3 kids that have been on there for 12, 10 and 6 years. Review away. 60 days was plenty of time.
As of now since jan 27th my family has waited alittle over 4 months.
At what point ...is this unacceptable??
I wish you all the best.
One more thing...i understand its not turbo taxes fault. But them taking my money and i havent received mine..is unacceptable. You get yours when i get mine. Thats how it should be. Just saying.

i agree with every word you say oshaftner  its unacceptable at this point,the irs are doing nothing at all well anyways i was reading others blog thread saying that some amount people waited over 5months and finally got their refunds with interest in it so i think whoever is over their 60 day review bullcrap and still waiting like me or whoever it is,  are getting a lot of interest per day hopefully that's the case for people are past 60 days review, as for me i claim my only son every year since he was born always support him and i don't get it people we work very hard our earn money n pay taxes, this is very panicteic

anyone else file back in jan? and does anyone know why people who filed later than us are getting theirs released BEFORE us? How does that make sense? if it truly is just because they are "backed up" this year, then WHY won't they process them in order???????? why are people who filed in april and may getting theirs (with child tax credit and eitc) before people who filed months before them??

The IRS does not process on a First In First Out basis. Each return is different.

im still waiting for mine too come in since my 60 days were up on may21 now its june 13 i filed on feb3 and i believe that the irs goes in by numbers in tax return but  not by order, it doesn't matter who filed first or last its by the irs system computer who's  gets done quick or who's waits longer too process their refund with interest

Well I'm Ready For Mine, Tired Of Waiting

Did anyone get a tax advocate?

@princewatkins I filed in January and put under review in March. I have a tax advocate and I highly recommend getting one they will tell you EXACTLY why you are under review to the T! They let you know what you need to do. Unlike waiting and not knowing just call them they’ll help you get your money back. Not everyone is under review for the same reasons so of course each return will be handled differently and the timing may be different as well

Good luck to you and I hope this helps a little @princewatkins

I Filed February 10th on April 16th I got a notice stating that my return was selected for review but I had to wait till May 31st and my refund process would be completed cool didn't happen on May 14th I got another notice stating my refund would need an additional 60 days to be complete I know I'm not the only one and some have been waiting longer than me but I'm losing my patience here who's not doing their job why does it take that long to process anything. I'm thinking about contacting the Better Business Bureau as to why people can't do their job I mean am I really going to have to wait the whole 60 days on top of the 100 days I've already been waiting??

The BBB has no authority over a government agency. Contact your US Senator or Congressional Rep instead.

SweetieJean they can an have before in 2015 they went after the IRS and its employees for not filing its own taxes I doubt it would do any good though.
azion918

I filed mar. 19 been in review no letters received called was told no further actions needed from my part jus selected for random 45 day review well 60 days was up jun.6 called was told I could put in a referral, have to wait additional 60 days called Monday to find about getting a tax advocate was told I would need to wait till the 60days is up and if I haven’t received anything by then I could this is sooooo stressful

@azion918 you don’t have to wait for your 60 days to be up to contact a tax advocate just call their 1800# and they will help you out. They are currently helping me with my situation and I filed way back in January
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies