Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If I am under a up to 60 day chosen review .will it take the whole 60 days or is it resolved sometimes sooner ?

I would call today to let them know that your review is up , so you can get your referral in

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If I am under a up to 60 day chosen review .will it take the whole 60 days or is it resolved sometimes sooner ?

call asap so you can get that referral in don't forget the government don't care about you so you have to make all the moves....

do yourself a favor don't use turbotax again

Neither TT nor its competitors has any control over how fast the IRS processes tax returns.

they don't but 90% of people that use tt have gone through a review and in they do advertise that using them gives you a peace of mind and that they will be with you every step of the way.... yet I haven't herd anything from tt other then they were charging my bank account they haven't kept me updated on anything and I have to figure everything out myself. I don't recommend anyone using this service

90% of TT users have NOT have gone through a review. What is your source for that?  TT files millions of returns every year. My own Federal refund was received in 10 calendar days.

Neither the IRS nor the state informs TT of any activity once your tax filings have been received by them. For 2018, you can change your withholding, so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.

where are you getting your info???? and if you already have your then why you so worried about others... obviously you represent tt in some shape or form..... turbo tax is horrible and don't give a crap about anything but their money... will never use it again nd anyone that has got reviewed should take their taxes somewhere else pay a little extra tt is not to blame because I get reviewed or the time it takes what I do blame them is for not keeping in touch no info nothing if I didn't call the irs I wouldn't know that I'm under review but they sure are on top of making sure they get their cut
Ppre87

I didn’t file with TT but I do see a lot of helpful information here , I called and the IRS representative said my refund is in the “EXAMS” department  now I have to wait and see if they will be doing a full exam that can take up 90 days or if they will release my refund. Anyone else went through this?

@luislopez.ll55  TT is a computer program, not a CPA firm or a walk-in tax preparation office. The IRS does not inform Turbotax if your return is under review, so TT cannot notify you.

then they need to stop advertising as so....

Wow all these comments are so disheartening to read. I filed February 14 & still waiting & WMR has said processing ever since. I got my letter in the mail for the 60 day examination April 12, and 60 days will be up June 11. It’s the 4th. I really can’t afford to wait the additional 60 days everyone’s talking about. I’m 8 months pregnant, broke, with a 2 year old & my husbands disabled. I can’t go Back to work till after this baby so if I have to wait 60 more days we’re just [edited: cruder euphemism for being unfairly impacted in a gross way] .

I Filed February 9 2018, and still waiting and today is June 5, 2018 this shit is getting damn old

@princewatkins yes real old, I filed on Jan,31 and 5 months later still no refund
Ppre87

I filled February 26, went under review March 16, i was put under examination on May 4.. I called the tax advocate number and they transferred me to the department where my tax return was (examination) and they gave me more detailed information. My withholding amount was incorrect (my tax preparer made a mistake) they sent me a letter asking for additional proofs and I’m just waiting for them to review the paperwork I sent. My best advice is to check your transcript online and try to get a hold of the correct department

And then they act like they can't tell you anything, I was like well I bet you got your refund right? So I don't wanna keep getting false hope cause y'all keep saying call back in another 60 days like which will make it July 14, 2018. Hopefully it will come by then I'm tired of calling y'all about My money
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies