Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hugmonica

Never convert Backdoor Roth, do I need to pay taxes for the gain. Have separate acct for Backdoor Roth. Do I pay taxes on gain when convert? Only have 401K and Roth.

Thank you for clarification. Understand now.

Never convert Backdoor Roth, do I need to pay taxes for the gain. Have separate acct for Backdoor Roth. Do I pay taxes on gain when convert? Only have 401K and Roth.

You really need to sit down with a financial advisor and/or a tax pro to get educated  in these items as you are mixing up rules and regs from similar but different tax rules.
hugmonica

Critter#2, Thank you for your advice.  You may not read the blog from very beginning.  The Non-D mess I have is from our financial advisor.  He perfectly fits what a blog said... "sales" instead of "advisor".  We talked 3 CPAs.  The 1st one said he didn't know Non-D issues (but his receptionist told us they knew how to do it).  The other two conflicted each other.  We are going to meet another 2 CPAs who said they know Non-D.  I am determined not to talk to anyone before I have basic knowledge.  Now, I am confident to find an appropriate CPA to handle the issue.  I might have more questions after talking to them.

Answered in comments.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies