Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: What is the 1099-G? and what do I do if i have not received one?

For the past two years i recieved UI and Disability as well, where it shoud say view for 1099 G it says none issued. On the top portion where all the info for the year should be it says NONE. Theres three years ive had benefits so should I by hand calculate the numbers to get the total amount for this year?

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: What is the 1099-G? and what do I do if i have not received one?

No, you should not self calculate unemployment and disability benefits received.   If you haven't received 1099-G form for 3 years, then you should contact your local unemployment center or website..

For more information, please see this link.  

How do i get my 1099g for tax purposes 

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

If you received unemployment compensation during the year, you should contact your state unemployment commission for a copy of your Form 1099-G.  Often this document will be available online if your state has an online system for your account or there may be information about the availability of the Form 1099-G on the unemployment commission website.  The Form 1099-G is required to be available to you by January 31st.  

@Cheryl8484

[edited 2/24/2021 | 5:10 am PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Larryr65

Never received a 1099-G. How do I get one?

Larryr65

There is no state tax in my state. But I do have to file for federal-how do I get that information?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You can contact your state's unemployment office to get a copy of your 1099-G for your unemployment income.   If you received unemployment, you can usually find a copy of your 1099-G by signing into the same system you used to claim your weeks of unemployment.   If you live in a state that does not tax income, you would not have received a 1099-G for a state tax refund.  

For 1099-Gs, other than for unemployment, contact your state's Department of Revenue.     @Larryr65

What do I do if I was getting Pandemic Unemployment Assistance and have not gotten a 1099-G- and he system says there isn't one for my ss#? (as of 2-22-2021) Thanks

SamS1
Expert Alumni

You still need to report it.  First, I would contact your state unemployment agency and find out why you haven't received the 1099-G yet.  If you have the amount, you can claim the amount as "Miscellaneous Income" under Income & Expenses.   After you have logged in and are in your return:

• If you do not see all the income categories, Click on the "Add additional income"
  • Now scroll to the bottom of the income screen and click "Show More" next to the Less Common Income category
  • Scroll to the bottom and click "Start" the Miscellaneous Income
  • Scroll to the bottom for "Other Reportable Income" then "Start"
  • There you will see "Any other Taxable Income" indicate Yes and follow the screens to report your proceeds from unemployment

received unemployment last year but did not get a 1099-g

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You will need to contact the agency that should have issued you the Form 1099-G. 

The amounts on this form are reported to the taxing agencies and matched with the amounts reported on your tax return.

Contact information for 1099-G forms

Once you receive your 1099-G form, you input will be as follows in the Federal interview section of the program.

1. Select Income & Expenses
  2. Scroll down to All Income and select Unemployment
  3. Select Unemployment and paid family leave
  4. You will be able to enter your information from your Form 1099-G

@andrewdavis26

I received unemployment and did not receive a 1099g form what do I do

I didn't get a 1099-G, but I did receive unemployment benefits last year. What do I do in this case?

If you didn't receive a 1099-G, you should see if it was issued but you just didn't receive it by mail.  You may be able to download it online.  You can also check your IRS tax account to see what was reported.  

Here is a TurboTax article about unemployment benefits.

Here is a link with information about how to access your tax account.

@Bodytech929

ESORTOR

What happens if I did not receive my 1099 G

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies