turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

conmonty65
Returning Member

Why does TT ask for prior year info from a new user?

Even when it's clearly not  relevant to current year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Ask what?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Exactly what prior year info does it want?  They are many things you need 2019 info for.  And at the end you need the 2019 AGI to verify and sign your return to efile.  Or you can print and mail 2020 without entering the AGI.

conmonty65
Returning Member

'Thanks, but I'm sorry. "Many things" doesn't really answer my question. Typically I would be aware of anything relevant from 2019 for 2020. Also, I can enter my AGI from last year without any help. It's a bit irritating, in general, that almost all responses about "prior year info" only address previous users.

@conmonty65 wrote:

'Thanks, but I'm sorry. "Many things" doesn't really answer my question. Typically I would be aware of anything relevant from 2019 for 2020. Also, I can enter my AGI from last year without any help. It's a bit irritating, in general, that almost all responses about "prior year info" only address previous users.

That does not help us to be able to answer your question.   We have no idea of what the "last years" question is  that you are complaining about  if you do not tell us.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies