Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jfabe04

When will turbo tax be updated for the American Recovery Plan? Specifically to exempt the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits from taxation.

I have not filed my return yet. Do I just subtract 10,200 from the amount on my 1099-G?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

When will turbo tax be updated for the American Recovery Plan? Specifically to exempt the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits from taxation.

Don't do anything yet. We're waiting for guidance from the IRS on how you can claim these additional benefits soon.

• The American Rescue Plan exempts the first $10,200 of unemployment payments for households with an annual income under $150,000.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am seeing where this was to be updated in the software last Thursday, 3/18, but can't tell if it has been.  Can you please confirm if the software is now reflecting the reduction of taxable unemployment income under the new American Recovery Act.

@aflynn wrote:

I am seeing where this was to be updated in the software last Thursday, 3/18, but can't tell if it has been.  Can you please confirm if the software is now reflecting the reduction of taxable unemployment income under the new American Recovery Act.

The TurboTax online editions were updated for UC exclusion.  The TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions have not yet been updated.

ok, thank you.  Is there a target date for the downloaded software to be updated?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies