turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I amended my taxes due to wrongful claims of dependents which hasn't been processed. Will they recieve the stimulous

. Will my parents recieved the stimulous payment? My parents are In their 60's. My mom doesn't file taxes and also doesn't work. My father gets SSA and his income provides to both of them. I claimed them as dependents on my taxes with absolutely no gain from it. I amended my taxes because of realizing I didn't have the right to claim them. (Which I know won't be processed for quite some time) will they get the stimulous payment? I am afraid I ruined it for them. Is there steps they can take to resolve this? Also being my father is on SSI. He doesn't file taxes either and he is unsure if he recieves a 1099 form. His income is very very low. Does he need to take additional steps to recieve it if he is by chance eligible.? And if they are eligible would my mom need to update her information as a mom tax filer even though her husband would automatically recieve it due to being on SSI.?  @ee-ea 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I amended my taxes due to wrongful claims of dependents which hasn't been processed. Will they recieve the stimulous

They will get the stimulus because they get SS.

My mother does not . Only my father. Does that not matter?

A dependent listed on another return won't get the stimulus payment.

However you can straighten this all out on their 2020 tax return.

You'll have to file an amended tax return 2019 Form 1040X

I have already sent in for amending

If his only income is the SS then he doesn't need to do anything to get the stimulus for himself ... to get the extra stimulus for the dependents he will probably need to file a 2020 return next January. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies