turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax had an option "choose what I want to work on" to enter specific info This was helpful when you only had some of your tax documents. Is this still an option?

This option allowed you to jump out of the ordered questions and fill in specific information. It was very helpful when you were waiting on some tax documents for early questions, but had already received others for later questions. I cannot see that option in the 2019 tax year interface. I am using Turbotax Premiere.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax had an option "choose what I want to work on" to enter specific info This was helpful when you only had some of your tax documents. Is this still an option?

After you get started and probably go though the first bunch of questions and get into your return it should let you jump around as before.  Did you use the Desktop program before?  Online does work a little different.  Click on the side tabs - Federal then Income or Deductions at the top.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

After you get started and probably go though the first bunch of questions and get into your return it should let you jump around as before.  Did you use the Desktop program before?  Online does work a little different.  Click on the side tabs - Federal then Income or Deductions at the top.

The I'll choose what I work on selection is only available using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions.

You are using the online edition.

You can still select which sections of the program by clicking on Federal and then choose the section, such as Wages and Income, Deductions and Credits, Other Tax Situations, and then scrolling down through the various sub-sections.

No, I have always used the online version. I suspect that as documentation required to get me through the early questions about what is consistent with last year's filing comes in, I will eventually be able to get to the "choose what I want to work on" page.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies