turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax destroyed my life! They did my taxes wrong 3 times! The IRS took 5000 from my bank account due to their errors!

I trusted them! They destroyed my life! I do not have my taxes because of them! Not the IRS!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Turbo Tax destroyed my life! They did my taxes wrong 3 times! The IRS took 5000 from my bank account due to their errors!

@psutherland82 - rather than be inflamatory, can you please provide some details on what occured.  Please leave the emotion to the side; that won't help the situation. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax did not do your tax return. You did your tax return yourself, using TurboTax as a tool.

Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  It has no way of knowing or checking that you entered something wrong or in the wrong place or entered something twice  Or left something out.  It doesn't check against any outside sources.  The IRS has copies of all the W2s and 1099s your employer and banks/brokers, etc. sent in to match against.  Turbo Tax only checks the calculations of what you entered.   It is your responsibility to check it over before you file.  They only Guarantee that the calculations are right based on the entries you made.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-is-the-turbotax-100-accurate-calculatio...

@psutherland82 Did you post here because you need help with your tax return and need help in understanding what the IRS did to change the amount of your refund/tax owed?   If so, please provide some details without any of your personal information like SSN, etc.   We may be able to help you if you give us some actual information on what was changed or what errors you think were made.   No one else can see your tax return, so we cannot help unless we have some information from you.   And...as already stated, TurboTax provides software for a do-it-yourself tax return.....so you may have made some errors.  A lot of people made mistakes this year, especially with the recovery rebate credit and/or the child tax credit, and ended up with reduced refunds or tax due because of their own mistakes.

What happened?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies