turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dwestenk
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Retirement Income Area

At the 1099-R section of Retirement Plans | Wages and Income, I am getting a "The Retirement Income Area Will Be Ready Soon" warning. It says "We expect this form to be ready 1/21/2020." It is 1/25 today. Has anyone else seen this? Does Intuit have any updates as to when this will become available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

Since you didn't post it ... if you are using the downloaded version make sure you ran an update.

And which form is not available ?   They do get delayed and the program not always shows the updated dates ... check the charts here :

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

dwestenk
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the downloaded TurboTax Premier.

As you know,every time you open the program it checks for updates, so I assume it is up to date.

Lastly, I do not know which 'form' is not available. I quoted exactly from the warning I get and there is no form number mentioned.

I am trying to enter info regarding an RMD from an Inherited IRA (death of my father) for which I am a beneficiary. I have always had no issues entering this info in years past. 

Any info would be appreciated.

Most likely it is the form 8606 which now has a 2/5 date (they are always subject to change... see charts in the links posted) ... click on the REVIEW tab ... that may confirm the form needed. 

dwestenk
Returning Member

After today's update when I opened the program, I was able to enter 1099-R info. Yay!

Thanks for your replies!!

Turbotax has taken a big crap all over itself. Can't get past the retirement income being not ready no matter how many updates. (was supposed to be ready in January). Can't talk to a person. Can't get any help. To hell with T Tax after 20+ years. I'm heading off to something that works and has help.

Your First message on this forum -

Turn off any virus protection and malware protection.  Turn off windows firewall.  Update the program.  Click on Online. Click on Check for Updates.  Close TurboTax.  Re-boot the computer.  Should be fixed.

Turn back on virus and malware.  Turn on windows firewall.

If not fixed - contact support.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Please give more details about the issue you are confronting, I'm sure we can help you resolve the issue. Thank you 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's now February 15th and the deluxe version I just downloaded today still has the same message and I can't entire 1099-r information. Have you gotten any update on this problem?

dwestenk
Returning Member

As I posted shortly after my first post, once the application updated the 1099-R information was able to be entered. 

I still haven’t been able to enter my 1099r income.

It’s February 18, 2021.

I agree about unable to enter income for 1099R.....TurboTax needs to make everyone aware 

of the problem.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

You should be able to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax. Please follow the suggestions listed in DoninGA's post, above.

If you're still having difficulty, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

Same here. Today is 2/22/2021 .  Called support and they do not know If it is an IRS problem or not.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

What kind of error are you receiving?   And have you updated your software (if using desktop software; Online updates automatically)?    There are a few forms related to a 1099-R that could be causing the message.   Provide some more details and we can get you a more specific answer!    Forms not yet available in TurboTax and tentative dates of availability:

Form 8915-A, B, C, and D, Qualified 2016 - 2019 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments - 03/11/2021

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments - 02/25/2021

Form 4852, Substitute Form W-2 or 1099R - 2/25/2021       @borisvita

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies