turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bpayne567

My 20 year old son is filing the EZ form. Can I add his 1099-NEC to my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My 20 year old son is filing the EZ form. Can I add his 1099-NEC to my tax return?

No.  And there is no more EZ form.  Everyone files the same 1040 now.

You don't include their income on your return. It would only go on their return if they are required to file one.  To file a separate return for your dependent you need to set up a new account.  Online is only good for one return per account.  You can use the same email address for 5 accounts.  They can probably use the Free Edition.  How to start a new online return

Https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-online 

Or the Free File website.  In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website.  Click on the Orange button I Qualify, Let's get Started

https://freefile.intuit.com/

Be sure on their return they check the box that says they can be claimed on someone else’s return.  If their only income is W2 and under 12,400 they do not have to file a return except to get back any withholding taken out.

Filing requirements for a dependent

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/children-dependents/help/do-i-need-to-file-my-own-taxes-if-i-m-a-d...

dmertz
Level 15

If your son's income from self-employment reported on the Form 1099-NEC is more than $432, your son must file a 2020 federal tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies