Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ErickNuc
Returning Member

IRS Pension not finalized?????

The IRS is accepting tax returns, BUT Turbo-tax says that the IRS is not finished with Pensions (1099-R) I have the 1099-R from my pension administrator but can't put the data in. When is this going to get resolved?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

1099-R is not a problem but the substitute form is not yet ready. If you have a regular 1099-R, you should be able to enter it in the program. If you are on the desktop version, you need to update. If you are online, I suggest you change browsers.

The IRS does work on forms from most common to least common. See Federal form availability for expected release dates. Once released, we work to incorporate them quickly. They will be working until the end of March for the least common usually.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ErickNuc
Returning Member

I use the downloaded program. It updated this morning and the only way to enter the data is by going to the forms section. The program indicates that the IRS has not finalized data and will NOT let me enter the data in the normal fashion. The same is true of the 1098-T form.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

This might relay to the Form 8915-E if your distribution was due to Covid, which is not available for e-file yet.

As of today, the 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021.  Please click on the following link and sign up for an email notification when the form is finalized.

Form 8915-E

If you are under age 59 1/2, the distribution from the retirement plans and IRAs is considered as an early withdrawal.  Generally, you will pay both regular tax plus an additional 10% penalty of your entire distribution unless you met certain criteria.  Due to the CARES Act, if your retirement distribution is related the Covid-19, you will not be liable for this additional penalty.  You will still pay the normal taxes like your wages and income.  For more information from the IRS, click here: Covid Relief.  If your distribution is not related to the Covid, you will need to pay the penalty.

As far as the Form 1098-T, all the related forms are available for e-file.  To check forms availability, click here: Forms

ErickNuc
Returning Member

Turbo tax Delux updated this morning (well I checked and NO update is available) still indicates that the IRS is not done with 1099-R, 1099-T, 1040 form 1040!!! 1040 schedule 2 and 1040 Form 8889-T.

Is my copy of YOUR program broken? Is the IRS really slow? Or are you' all behind.

BTW I an over 60 for the early withdrawal penalties don't apply.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@ErickNuc

Some of the forms you listed are available. You may need to do a manual update on your software. Please see this for information on current form availability with TurboTax.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for information on how to do a manual update for your TurboTax software: Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

ErickNuc
Returning Member

OK I am frustrated!!!

I did the manual update. no problem!

The program still says forms 1098, 8863, 1040, 1040 Schedule 2, and 8889-T  will be ready soon!

Your forms available page seems to say they are ALL ready.

I want my tax refund. I want to file.

If this doesn't get fixed soon I will want my money back.

@ErickNuc wrote:

OK I am frustrated!!!

I did the manual update. no problem!

The program still says forms 1098, 8863, 1040, 1040 Schedule 2, and 8889-T  will be ready soon!

Your forms available page seems to say they are ALL ready.

I want my tax refund. I want to file.

If this doesn't get fixed soon I will want my money back.

If you have installed the manual update, then try these two recommendations -

Save your tax return and then close the TurboTax program.

Re-start your computer.

After the computer has re-started open the TurboTax program and see if the forms are now available.

If the forms are still not available, close the program.

Uninstall the program.  This will not affect your tax data file for your tax return as the file is in a different directory then the program.

Re-install the TurboTax program.  Open the program and receive all the updates.  Continue your tax return and the forms should be available.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies