Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How much is the Social Security payment I'm supposed to receive?

I started receiving SSD in 2003 at that time I was getting 1800 per month however I was supposed to receive 2500 per month but was limited to 1800 because my wife also received SSD at 993 per month. However my wife passed away in 2006 yet my payments never increased how do I know how much I should actually be receiving? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KrisB-EA
Employee Tax Expert

You might want to check with Social Security Administration to get an explanation for why you haven't received survivors' benefits, and to see how the benefit you are receiving has been calculated. A good place to start is by creating an account on the SSA website here:

My SSA account sign-up 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You should contact SSA about your account to get the specific reason why your amount was not changed. Please follow the following information found on the SSA website:

If you cannot use our online services, please call your local office for assistance. In-person service is limited to appointments only at this time, and our employees are assisting people by telephone. You can find the phone number for your local office by using our Office Locator.

If you cannot reach your local office, you may call our National 800 Number toll-free at 1-800-772-1213. You may be able to take care of your business by using one of our automated telephone services (please see below) 24 hours a day without having to wait for a telephone representative. Wait times to speak with a representative may be longer than usual, which is why we encourage you to try our online services, automated telephone services, or call your local office first. Our National 800 Number, 1-800-772-1213, is available between 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

If you’re deaf or hard of hearing and use TTY equipment, you can call our TTY number at 1-800-325-0778.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies