turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has the bug in 2018 turbotax online been fixed as to calculating IRA rollovers correctly?

I assume that you are using the CD/download desktop version since online is now closed.

Did you enter it as in my example?

Switch to the forms mode and see if there is any other 1099-R in the forms list and delete them.

View the 1040 Worksheet line4 where there should only  be a single entry on line 4 (IRA distributions) which should be the box 1 amount in the left column and box 1 minus the rollover amount in the right column.

(If you delete the 1099-R and recheck the 1040 wks then everything should disappear.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
dmertz
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Has the bug in 2018 turbotax online been fixed as to calculating IRA rollovers correctly?

The fact the line 4b has $145 more than the amount shown in box 1 of the Form 1099-R associated with the rollover suggests that you have also entered another Form 1099-R that is contributing to the total on line 4b.  Take a look and the TurboTax's 1099-R Summary in the pdf of all forms and worksheets.

I agree with macuser_22 that there are no known problems with TurboTax handling the reporting of rollovers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies