Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Getting msg saying "we are updating how sep and simple plan contributions are reported on the tax return based on new guidance from the irs check back later" help plz?

I was finally able to transmit our returns this morning. I received an automatic update once I opened the program, which then took me back to the filing section.  I clicked through all the pages and, holding my breath, I clicked on the transmit button. Voila, the return was on its way. Just for kicks I called and spoke to a customer service rep yesterday afternoon on the off chance that there was glitch unique to my situation. There wasn't, and the rep insisted the SEP issue was all on the IRS's end and there was nothing that could be done about it.  Be that as it may, I think TT's messaging could have clearer in stating that the IRS itself was completely responsible for the delay. Instead, the messaging left me with the impression that the programmers were still trying to figure out how to reconfigure TT based on the changes.  I think the company left itself open to more criticism than it otherwise would have received. I know I would have been much less angry with TT than  the IRS (which I'm always angry with anyway, considering how they rob my wallet every years). All that said, I'm likely to "return" to TT next year. Pun intended.

Cmrah

Getting msg saying "we are updating how sep and simple plan contributions are reported on the tax return based on new guidance from the irs check back later" help plz?

This issue is not fixed. The error no longer pops up, but it gets stuck in a loop asking me to verify the info. It verifies it, let's me move through every step to efile, and then at the very last step says "looks like there's something you need to review" and brings me right back to the sep Ira screen. I cannot file still because of this Ira. When will this issue be resolved?

I got an update this morning and thought finally I would be able to efile.  TurboTax doesn't report any missing forms or anything like that.  I was able to pay for efiling but when I click Transmit Returns Now, I get the following error message:  "FAILED_VALIDATION. There is an update available for your version of TurboTax.  Before you can file electronically, you'll need to get this update.  To do this, go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates."

Of course, there is no update available.  I just spent an hour with support.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've run the manual superpatch.  They had me try uninstalling by deleting TurboTax folders to make sure nothing was left behind during an uninstall.  Nothing worked.  Finally I was told I guess I need to wait for the next update which was supposedly coming February 10.  This is all very frustrating.

I did find out that my error must have something to do with my state return because I was able to efile my federal but I get that error message when trying to file my Michigan return.

I too was having this issued, rounding the amount didn't work for me. TT update today (2/8) fixed the issue for me, I was able to successfully transmit my federal and state returns.

This. This is what I have going on. . . uninstalled & reinstalled 3 times including a few times with the superpatch. I have been all set, paid, and WAITING for a over a week. . . . . and now Update Error.

"I got an update this morning and thought finally I would be able to efile.  I paid for efiling. When I click Transmit Returns Now, I get the following error message:  "FAILED_VALIDATION. There is an update available for your version of TurboTax.  Before you can file electronically, you'll need to get this update.  To do this, go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates." And.... Of course, there is no update available.  I just spent an hour with support.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've run the manual superpatch.  They had me try uninstalling by deleting TurboTax folders to make sure nothing was left behind during an uninstall.  Nothing worked.  Finally I was told I guess I need to wait for the next update which was supposedly coming February 10.  This is all very frustrating"

I'm shocked that I just opened TurboTax at 12:30AM and received an update for Michigan that wasn't there a couple hours ago.  I was then able to efile.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We would like to take a deeper dive into this message to assist you.  In order to do this, it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file that is experiencing this issue. You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools.

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools.
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent.
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number.
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.

Here are the instructions if you are using TurboTax CD/Download:

1. Click on Online in the top left menu of TurboTax CD/Download for Windows
  2. Select 'Send Tax File to Agent'
  3. Write down or send an image of your token number then place in this issue.
  4. We can then review your exact scenario for a solution.
  5. Please also tell us any states included in the return.

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@blipsmeyer @JJeditor @BJ48 @Manda1 @wbmfamillyservices1942 @euphoria_ii 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

having same issue token #1178783, Help

Missy1142

I spoke with a live agent and she was very helpful! Her name is Denise. 

She states that in the world of tax returns now they prefer amounts from W-2's to be rounded instead of entering in the pennies. It worked! 

CodyLRay

This worked. You are awesome. Thanks!

Finally fixed after update and was able to transmit. This really took WAY too long to be resolved!

Have you checked the status of your return with the IRS?  Has it been processed?  

I was finally able to get TurboTax to accept my return, and was able to submit it with my Simple IRA Contribution.  The IRS accepted my return immediately.  This was on 01/31/2024.  I have been checking my refund status each day to see if the IRS had processed my return, and kept getting the standard response"..... it normally takes 21 days....".   ......until TODAY!!!  Now I am getting the following message on IRS2Go:

We apologize, but your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal timeframe.  You can continue to check back here for the most up to date information regarding your refund.  We understand your tax refund is very important and we are working to process your return as quickly as possible.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

@LinLin13 has the IRS processed your return?

I was finally able to get TurboTax to accept my return, and was able to submit it with my Simple IRA Contribution.  The IRS accepted my return immediately.  This was on 01/31/2024.  I have been checking my refund status each day to see if the IRS had processed my return, and kept getting the standard response"..... it normally takes 21 days....".   ......until yesterday 02/19/2024!!!  Now I am getting the following message on IRS2Go:

We apologize, but your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal timeframe.  You can continue to check back here for the most up to date information regarding your refund.  We understand your tax refund is very important and we are working to process your return as quickly as possible.

Have you run into this problem?

@JJeditor Has the IRS 'Processed' your return yet?

I was finally able to get TurboTax to accept my return, and was able to submit it with my Simple IRA Contribution.  The IRS accepted my return immediately.  This was on 01/31/2024.  I have been checking my refund status each day to see if the IRS had processed my return, and kept getting the standard response"..... it normally takes 21 days....".   ......until TODAY!!!  Now I am getting the following message on IRS2Go:

Trying to find out if anyone else has run into this problem?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies