My wife did not get a Form 1099 for her IRA in 202...

pwm915

My wife did not get a Form 1099 for her IRA in 2020 because she was not required to take a RMD. How do I handle this situation?

I don't know how to be any more straight forward.
MinhT1

The RMDs have been waived for tax year 2020.

Please read this IRS document for more information.

If she did not take a RMD, then she did not receive a form 1099-R. So there is nothing to report about her retirement on the tax return. There is no penalty.

kfs1967

I have the same issue. So why has my tax submission been rejected twice this week for calculation error on an Inherited IRA in which I did not receive a distribution and received no 1099R. Is it a Quicken problem?

TiffanyL

@kfs1967, can you try deleting the form and then resubmit your e-file. Please let us know if that works.

kfs1967

After a software delete and add, my tax file was accepted.