turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My sole income is SSD & SSA, my income for the year is less than $20,000.00. Question, do I need to file federal taxes at all?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My sole income is SSD & SSA, my income for the year is less than $20,000.00. Question, do I need to file federal taxes at all?

If your only income for the year is from Social Security benefits then there is no need to file a tax return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If your only income for the year is from Social Security benefits then there is no need to file a tax return.

Unless they take any tax withholding out.  Then you can file to get a refund of the withholding.  Or if you are married and your spouse has income then you do need to include the Social Security even if the spouse files Married filing Separate.  

Thank you for your answer. I'm not married. I never had any tax withholding.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies