Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should form 5498-QA ABLE savings contributions be reported in 1040 form?

I have received form 5498-QA which shows contributions to ABLE account, no money was withdrawn, money was only deposited to ABLE account. Form says I receive copy - B and this information is furnished to IRS. Is there a place in form 1040 that needs to show this deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

If no money was withdrawn from the ABLE account, you do not need to input the Form 5498-QA for your return.  This form is used when you need to determine the end of year value of your investment basis when you have a distribution.

Contributions to ABLE accounts are not deductible on your Federal Tax return; however, they may be deductible on your State return depending on where you live. 

Here are some links you may find helpful regarding ABLE Accounts:

If you have another question regarding ABLE accounts, please comment below so that I can assist you further.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

If no money was withdrawn from the ABLE account, you do not need to input the Form 5498-QA for your return.  This form is used when you need to determine the end of year value of your investment basis when you have a distribution.

Contributions to ABLE accounts are not deductible on your Federal Tax return; however, they may be deductible on your State return depending on where you live. 

Here are some links you may find helpful regarding ABLE Accounts:

If you have another question regarding ABLE accounts, please comment below so that I can assist you further.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies