Solved: I was asked to provide my Tennessee drivers license number when filing. My exp. date is: 00-00-0000 because I am in the military. It wouldn't allow me to enter this.

wilsonarmy

I was asked to provide my Tennessee drivers license number when filing. My exp. date is: 00-00-0000 because I am in the military. It wouldn't allow me to enter this.

Need to update fields to allow this for active duty military. Many states have IDs that do not expire until the service member leaves the service.  Thanks.

TeresaM

The driver's license number is an added security measure the IRS and States have put in place for 2016 but for most states your return can be filed and will process without your driver's license number.  Alabama and Illinois do require an ID to be provided in order to e-file this year.  Here is a work around for a problem with issue date or expiration date.

TeresaM