turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was asked to provide my Tennessee drivers license number when filing. My exp. date is: 00-00-0000 because I am in the military. It wouldn't allow me to enter this.

Need to update fields to allow this for active duty military. Many states have IDs that do not expire until the service member leaves the service.  Thanks.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

I was asked to provide my Tennessee drivers license number when filing. My exp. date is: 00-00-0000 because I am in the military. It wouldn't allow me to enter this.

The driver's license number is an added security measure the IRS and States have put in place for 2016 but for most states your return can be filed and will process without your driver's license number.  Alabama and Illinois do require an ID to be provided in order to e-file this year.  Here is a work around for a problem with issue date or expiration date.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5747054

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

The driver's license number is an added security measure the IRS and States have put in place for 2016 but for most states your return can be filed and will process without your driver's license number.  Alabama and Illinois do require an ID to be provided in order to e-file this year.  Here is a work around for a problem with issue date or expiration date.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5747054

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this https://youtu.be/uuuFR9JxhYk 

Use 12/31/2022.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies