Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

msebulsky

I was a live in care giver last year. I don't have a w-2b it a1099. My income was 13600. How do I add this to my income?

My employer said I don't get 1099 because there was no insurance.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I was a live in care giver last year. I don't have a w-2b it a1099. My income was 13600. How do I add this to my income?

Did you, or did you not, get a 1099-NEC?  (You said both).  And insurance has nothing  to do with whether you should have gotten a W-2 instead.  It sounds like you were a Household Employee, and should have received received a W-2.

Topic No. 756 Employment Taxes for Household Employees | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, but you will need to add this in as Self-Employed income because you need to pay SE tax on top of your income tax.

1. Go to Federal > Income & Expenses
  2. Scroll down to See all income. In the Self-employment section, click Start next to Income & Expenses
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  4. Continue through the interview to enter your business information.
  5. First indicate that he works in delivery. Then the program will ask what type of delivery and will give the a choice whether it is package delivery, food delivery etc., 
  6. When you get to the Let's Review Your Work Info screen, make sure everything is correct and then click Looks Good
  7. On the Let's get income for work screen, select the type of income you want to enter and click Continue.
  8. Proceed through the rest of the interview to enter your income and any expenses that you may be able to claim.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies