turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

simms2311

I never filed taxes before. They want a 1099-G form but i do not have one. It asks for my taxes to recieve the 1099-G but i have never filled. Should i just give up??

So i was trying to file my taxes for the first time i was excited but now i need a 1099-G form. I went to the website that my state provides for this service but the webpage asks for my tax return and the Adjusted Gross income. I never filed so how would i answer these questions. Since i recieved unemployment TurboTax wants a 1099-G to move on but i cannot move on. I do not want to lie on my tax return just saying no would simply get me past this error but then i would be lying. I do not know what to do. Am i suppose to say no because of the Pandemic or something?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I never filed taxes before. They want a 1099-G form but i do not have one. It asks for my taxes to recieve the 1099-G but i have never filled. Should i just give up??

To download a 1099-G from your state's unemployment site should NOT require any  tax return information or an AGI so you are in the WRONG place ... you are in the place to track the state refund which you have not yet filed ... cart before the horse situation.

Log back into the same site where you had to do when you applied for the unemployment or call the state unemployment office for more directions.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-report-unemployment-if-i-didn-t-g...

You will have to enter a 1099G that is issued by your state.

Some states will mail out the 1099G.  Or you might need to go to your state’s unemployment website and use the password, etc. that you have been using to certify for weekly benefits to get your 1099G from the state’s site.

Enter your 1099G in Federal>Wages & Income>Unemployment

Go through the screens very carefully, making sure  to enter any federal/state tax you had withheld from the unemployment.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-report-a-1099-g-for-unemploymen...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies