I have my 1099 on my TD Ameritrade account but tur...

I have my 1099 on my TD Ameritrade account but turbo tax isn't linking as I provide my account # and document ID

I can't help you with the download if it's not working properly, but I can give you an alternative that is better than manually entering each transaction.  You can enter summary totals for each asset sale category.  It will require you to mail a copy of your Form 1099-B along with Form 8453 (which TurboTax will generate).  To do this in TurboTax Online,

Click on Search

• In the Search Window type 1099-B
  • Click on Jump to 1099-B
  • Click + Add an Account (if the account you were trying to download is showing, delete it first)
  • Answer Yes to "Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales?"
  • Click on "I'll type it in myself"
  • Select your Bank or brokerage and click Continue
  • On the page with "Tell us about your ... 1099-B" click the button "I'll enter a summary for each sales category"
  • Enter your Investment Sale information and repeat to you have entered for each category.

Form 1099-B, Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions is used to report the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities to the IRS.

You can get multiple 1099-B forms where each one reports a single sale, or a consolidated 1099-B where the details of each sale is broken out by line item.

I'm having the same issue.  My login for my account is correct but the login from Turbotax is asking for the 9 digit account number.  This not the login for my account.  This appears to be an issue on the Turbotax side asking for the account number and not the login name?

This appears to be the issue... this is the only place I knew to post - do we need to reach out to their technical team or something? 

if you are having issues with the import feature, you may need to enter your forms manually in the return. If you have a large number of transactions to report, please view this Turbo Tax link for instructions on entering Summary Stock Transactions.

As far as technical issues, this is usually a miscommunication between our server and your financial institution and sometimes difficult for a technical team to determine a cause.