melodie-america

I have an IRA, I did not take any distributions, just contributed to it and my employer contributed as well. Will I get a tax form from my retirement firm?

JohnB5677

You do not have to do anything.  If you didn't withdraw money, you will not get any forms. 

However, your W-2 will reflect the contributions in BOX 12 coded as a (D).

And actually if your employer took it out of you paychecks and they also contributed to it then it was NOT a IRA but a 401K plan.  

Your contributions will be on your W2 box 12 Code D.  They are pretax and have already been deducted from the wages in box 1 so you can't deduct them again.

dmertz

As JohnB5677's answer implies, it is unlikely that this retirement account is an IRA but is instead an employer-provided qualified retirement plan like a 401(k) plan.