Solved: I didn't see a place to enter information on Form 1099-A. Do I need to report this on my tax return?

willisyoung1

I didn't see a place to enter information on Form 1099-A. Do I need to report this on my tax return?

Heather14

You may get Form 1099-A (Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property) if your lender foreclosed on your mortgage or repossessed property as a result of a defaulted loan.

If your 1099-A is for personal property, like your personal residence or automobile, you don't need to report it. However, hang onto this form and keep it with your tax records.

On the other hand, if you got a 1099-A for business or investment property (like a rental), we highly recommend that you consult a tax professional for further advice.

Heather14