• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blueberry1

I can not find any help with a W-4S form for withholding from sick pay 2018. How can I find out how much I should be withholding from my monthly benefit?

6 Replies
SweetieJean
Level 15

I can not find any help with a W-4S form for withholding from sick pay 2018. How can I find out how much I should be withholding from my monthly benefit?

Didn't the worksheet here help?

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4s.pdf

blueberry1

No, I have the form but can't figure out how to fill it out. It's line 4 (figuring my tax, rate schedule) that's stumping me
DoninGA
Level 15

What is your filing status and what is the amount you entered on Line 3 of the W-4S?
blueberry1

married filing joint, $24,216
DoninGA
Level 15

From the Form W-4S you would use Schedule Y-1 -
The tax to be reported on Line 4 of the Form W-4S is $1,905 plus 12% of the amount over $19,050
$24,216 (-) $19,050 = $5,166
$5,166 x 0.12 = $619.92

Tax reported on Line 4 - $1,905 + $619.92 - $2,524.92 (rounding up) $2,525
jennsing27

Thank you DoninGA. This form has been confusing me for weeks.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v