Redford20

I am kind of worried that I made a mistake on the savings contribution credit I believe that the 457 is a qualified account but my account is for post tax where they put money into the retirement acco

And if it is wrong would they have contacted me and my federal return was already accepted.

ColeenD3

You are fine.

The Saver’s Credit (Retirement Savings Contribution Credit) can be taken for your contributions to a traditional or Roth IRA; your 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, SARSEP, 403(b), 501(c)(18) or governmental 457(b) plan; and your voluntary after-tax employee contributions to your qualified retirement and 403(b) plans.  Beginning in 2018, contributions to ABLE accounts also qualify for the credit

ColeenD3

You are fine.