turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am kind of worried that I made a mistake on the savings contribution credit I believe that the 457 is a qualified account but my account is for post tax where they put money into the retirement acco

And if it is wrong would they have contacted me and my federal return was already accepted.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I am kind of worried that I made a mistake on the savings contribution credit I believe that the 457 is a qualified account but my account is for post tax where they put money into the retirement acco

You are fine.

The Saver’s Credit (Retirement Savings Contribution Credit) can be taken for your contributions to a traditional or Roth IRA; your 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, SARSEP, 403(b), 501(c)(18) or governmental 457(b) plan; and your voluntary after-tax employee contributions to your qualified retirement and 403(b) plans.  Beginning in 2018, contributions to ABLE accounts also qualify for the credit

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

You are fine.

The Saver’s Credit (Retirement Savings Contribution Credit) can be taken for your contributions to a traditional or Roth IRA; your 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, SARSEP, 403(b), 501(c)(18) or governmental 457(b) plan; and your voluntary after-tax employee contributions to your qualified retirement and 403(b) plans.  Beginning in 2018, contributions to ABLE accounts also qualify for the credit

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies