kl8584

I am confused on what tax qualification I would put down on a w-9 form for instacart job. What should I put down?

PaulaM

Do you mean item #3? If your Instacart job is a side gig, then you would check the box for Individual/Sole Proprietor. The other boxes are for business that are incorporated as entities. 

Your Business name for item #2 can be the same as your name in #1. Then complete your address information and your Taxpayer Identification Number. Sign and date the form and give to the requester.

Next year, you will receive a 1099-MISC for the work you perform for Instacart if greater than $600. Even if you don't receive a Form 1099-MISC, report the income and any expenses you might have on a Schedule C.

PaulaM