turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kl8584

I am confused on what tax qualification I would put down on a w-9 form for instacart job. What should I put down?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I am confused on what tax qualification I would put down on a w-9 form for instacart job. What should I put down?

Do you mean item #3? If your Instacart job is a side gig, then you would check the box for Individual/Sole Proprietor. The other boxes are for business that are incorporated as entities. 

Your Business name for item #2 can be the same as your name in #1. Then complete your address information and your Taxpayer Identification Number. Sign and date the form and give to the requester.

Next year, you will receive a 1099-MISC for the work you perform for Instacart if greater than $600. Even if you don't receive a Form 1099-MISC, report the income and any expenses you might have on a Schedule C.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Do you mean item #3? If your Instacart job is a side gig, then you would check the box for Individual/Sole Proprietor. The other boxes are for business that are incorporated as entities. 

Your Business name for item #2 can be the same as your name in #1. Then complete your address information and your Taxpayer Identification Number. Sign and date the form and give to the requester.

Next year, you will receive a 1099-MISC for the work you perform for Instacart if greater than $600. Even if you don't receive a Form 1099-MISC, report the income and any expenses you might have on a Schedule C.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies