scase122

How do I clear this error? FORM 5329-S: Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 1-998-803? I don't have any 1099-R, 1099-SA, and 1099-Q either

LinaJ2020

Form 5329 "Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans" is generated when you withdraw funds from your retirement plans including IRA before you reach age 59 1/2.  It will calculate an early penalty of 10% of your distribution unless you meet one of the exceptions.  For details, click here: Early withdrawal exceptions

It sounds like some related information might have been carried over from last year.  If this form does not apply to you, you can simply remove it from the program. Here are the steps:

in TurboTax online,

1.  Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  Select Tax Tools, click on the drop down arrow

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose Delete a form

5.  Select Delete next to the Form 5329 and Continue with My Return

RaynaAllen10

I tried this step however form 5329 is not showing up in my “delete a form” list

pattif12

This is a known issue. Please see the following information:

Form 5329

RaynaAllen10

Thank you for your quick response. I understand its a known issue, however i have gone through the process in the original post and already done research on what the form is. Your customer service help desk said to wait a few days, but after we hung up i received an email stating the problem has been fixed. It has not been. 

LinaJ2020

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  Please click on the following link and sign up for an email notification when it's fixed.  

Form 5329

Thank You for your patience

If you take a distribution from a retirement plan before age 59 1/2, you must pay the 10% additional tax for the IRA amounts you withdrew.  However, if you qualify for an exception on Form 5329, you do not need to pay.

For more information, click here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i5329.pdf

baileycash97

Any updates? I locked in a payment to avoid the price hike and now I can't file my returns with someone else without wasting money. Very annoying.

MichelleLO

Unfortunately, this is still under investigation. If you signed up for notifications in the article provided above, you will be notified when the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.