turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Have a 1099 that does not appear on IRS wage and income transcript. how to report? tax year 2016

I received a 2016 1099 (long ago) that does not appear on my 2016 IRS wage and income transcript. Don't know why the company sent me 1099 but didn't file it with IRS.  I did receive the income and want to report it. Should I include the 1099 on my tax return even though it won't match my transcript? Could this cause a flag or something?  Only other thing I could do is report the income with my non1099'd income on line 1a...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Have a 1099 that does not appear on IRS wage and income transcript. how to report? tax year 2016

There is no line 1a and 1b on the actual schedule C.  That's only in Turbo Tax.  You can enter the individual 1099s and cash or just enter one grand total for all.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

What kind of 1099?  1099Misc, 1099R, 1099Div, etc.  If it's for 2016 you have to amend your 2016 return to add it.  Did you file 2016?  

If it's for self employment income you don't need to report the individual 1099Misc.  So if you already included the amount in your schedule  C income you don't need to do anything.

Thank you! I am only filing 2016 now. So no need to amend. It's a 1099 MISC. I received it early 2017 with the rest of my 1099s.  IRS just doesn't have it in my transcript for whatever reason. Company sent to me but not the IRS. So just wondering whether to include it with the rest of my 1099s (contributing to line 1b total) or include the income as "gross receipts or sales not included on 1099" on line 1a. thanks!!

There is no line 1a and 1b on the actual schedule C.  That's only in Turbo Tax.  You can enter the individual 1099s and cash or just enter one grand total for all.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

thanks great. I already the 1099 entered in the software so I'll just leave it

Hey VolvoGirl I just had a follow up question (andI still haven't filed 2016) : This 1099 i have that the IRS doesn't is for 17k and comprised of 10.5 in fees and 6.5 in reimbursements, the latter to be written off completely. So the plan was to include the 17k of income on line 1 and write off 6.5. Could I A. include only the taxable 10.5 portion on line 1, and not write off that 6.5? Or could I B. not include ANY of this income at all and just reduce my expenses by 10.5. Either A or B results in 10.5 taxed income, but both the options reduce my revenue, reduce my expenses. thxanks

Better be safe and report the full 17k as income then expense the 6.5k.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies