snowpac

Form 1099R has no entry for NY state tax withheld (Box 12). Program asks for update but it won't accept it. Can't file. How can I correct?

I've tried both leaving box 12 blank, which worked for federal, and entering $0.00. Neither works and turbotax state continues in a loop asking for information it will not accept.

macuser_22

If box 12 is blank then leave all boxes 12-14 blank.
snowpac

I deleted info I'd put into box 13 and it worked. Thanks.  Appreciate your help.  Have a great day.
maryann-duane

I am not able to work around this box 12a problem - box 13 keeps populating with "NY"
macuser_22

@maryann&duane - if box 12 is blank or zero then leave ALL boxes 12-14 BLANK.  Delete the 1099-R and re-enter and ignore entering anything in boxes 12-14.
macuser_22

Yes, if box 13 has an entry then the tax withheld is expected to be in box 12.

Solved in comments.