I deleted info I'd put into box 13 and it worked. ...

Form 1099R has no entry for NY state tax withheld (Box 12). Program asks for update but it won't accept it. Can't file. How can I correct?

I've tried both leaving box 12 blank, which worked for federal, and entering $0.00. Neither works and turbotax state continues in a loop asking for information it will not accept.

If box 12 is blank then leave all boxes 12-14 blank.

I deleted info I'd put into box 13 and it worked. Thanks.  Appreciate your help.  Have a great day.

I am not able to work around this box 12a problem - box 13 keeps populating with "NY"

@maryann&duane - if box 12 is blank or zero then leave ALL boxes 12-14 BLANK.  Delete the 1099-R and re-enter and ignore entering anything in boxes 12-14.

Yes, if box 13 has an entry then the tax withheld is expected to be in box 12.

Solved in comments.