Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Etsy issued a 1099 in my name when it should have been issued to my partnership. Since my portion of income is included in my K-1, can I skip claiming this 1099?

We were unable to have the 1099-K issued to the partnership because Etsy's system required an SOS ID which NC doesn't issue for general partnerships, only limited and LLP
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Etsy issued a 1099 in my name when it should have been issued to my partnership. Since my portion of income is included in my K-1, can I skip claiming this 1099?

Since the form 1099 was issued under your social security number, you should enter it on your tax return since the IRS will check for it and probably assess tax on it if you don't report it. Just enter an expense for the same amount of money to cancel out the income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Since the form 1099 was issued under your social security number, you should enter it on your tax return since the IRS will check for it and probably assess tax on it if you don't report it. Just enter an expense for the same amount of money to cancel out the income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies