Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I distribute the 1099 forms?

I need to know how to distribute the 1099 forms I filled out for the employees of my small business. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For Cattlerancher and anyone else:
You can do them 2 different ways from the Windows Desktop Home & Business program.  Either Online using Quick Employer Forms (QEF)  -or- directly on your computer with the built in W2/1099 Reporter.

In the Window's Home & Business Desktop program to Prepare W2s or 1099s, click the big blue button to Start a New Return or go up to File-New Tax Return.
Then on the next screen it asks What would you like to do?

If you get a screen with 2 choices, Check the second circle that says Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors.  Then that will expand and give you a choice to prepare them online or on your computer.

If you get a screen that says Continue your Tax Return and a box listing your returns then go up to FILE - New Tax Return again and you should get a box to pick the type of return you need to prepare.  Pick US Forms W-2/1099 Reporter

View solution in original post

6 Replies

For Cattlerancher and anyone else:
You can do them 2 different ways from the Windows Desktop Home & Business program.  Either Online using Quick Employer Forms (QEF)  -or- directly on your computer with the built in W2/1099 Reporter.

In the Window's Home & Business Desktop program to Prepare W2s or 1099s, click the big blue button to Start a New Return or go up to File-New Tax Return.
Then on the next screen it asks What would you like to do?

If you get a screen with 2 choices, Check the second circle that says Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors.  Then that will expand and give you a choice to prepare them online or on your computer.

If you get a screen that says Continue your Tax Return and a box listing your returns then go up to FILE - New Tax Return again and you should get a box to pick the type of return you need to prepare.  Pick US Forms W-2/1099 Reporter

When you are logged into your account at Quick Employer Forms you can print the 1099 or W-2 forms for your recipients and your own records. Then hand deliver the forms to them personally or mail them.

Or did you use the built in W2/Reporter program in the Desktop program for Windows?  You give them Copy B and copy 2 if there is one.  You may have to cut them apart from the printouts.  There may be more than 1 person per page.

VolvoGirl, please advise me. I can not find any way to produce W-2 or 1099 forms within my desk top version of H&B, just a link to QEF. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have Windows or Mac?  Mac only has the QEF.

Windows
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies