turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is it difficult, or even possible, to use Turbo Tax when I have been using the "Short Form" for a number of "Retired" years?

A few years ago I tried Turbo Tax and was unable to see how to work it for a "Short Form." ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is it difficult, or even possible, to use Turbo Tax when I have been using the "Short Form" for a number of "Retired" years?

Solved in comments.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Looking at last year...It appears that it is a "1040."

Are you itemizing deductions?

My CPA has been (Now Retired)...Do I have to?

You don't have to itemize deductions but if your CPA has been doing it then you may have a tax benefit from itemizing. If you itemize deductions, you must upgrade to Deluxe to do your tax return.

If you itemize, would it still be considered a "Short Form"?

Itemized deductions can only be entered on form 1040 which is not the "short form". You should not be concerned about which form is used for your tax return. TurboTax chooses whichever form is needed for the information that needs to be entered on the tax return and automatically completes it based on your answers to interview questions.

As you all can see, I am not a Senior Tax Nerd.  I thank you for your kind responses and patients.

Solved in comments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies