w-b

Are my wife's retirement payments from Germany reported and where do I report it with turbo tax

I have no document form The German Goverment with the data like , I have captured the deposits in a specific checking account that we setup for these deposits from Germany.

bine22

Pensions from the German government are treated just like US social security payments reported on a SSA 1099. So enter the amount received as a SSA1099 (assuming she lives in the US and not in Germany now). See the US Germany tax treaty https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/germany-tax-treaty-documents

bine22

RichardK

Yes, U. S. citizens and resident aliens must include their world wide income on their tax return, click here for an article on how to enter German government retirement payments into Turbotax.

bine22

Actually that article does not reflect the correct way to enter pensions from the German government (Rentenversicherung)