turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

w-b

Are my wife's retirement payments from Germany reported and where do I report it with turbo tax

I have no document form The German Goverment with the data like , I have captured the deposits in a specific checking account that we setup for these deposits from Germany.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Are my wife's retirement payments from Germany reported and where do I report it with turbo tax

Pensions from the German government are treated just like US social security payments reported on a SSA 1099. So enter the amount received as a SSA1099 (assuming she lives in the US and not in Germany now). See the US Germany tax treaty https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/germany-tax-treaty-documents

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Pensions from the German government are treated just like US social security payments reported on a SSA 1099. So enter the amount received as a SSA1099 (assuming she lives in the US and not in Germany now). See the US Germany tax treaty https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/germany-tax-treaty-documents

RichardK

Yes, U. S. citizens and resident aliens must include their world wide income on their tax return, click here for an article on how to enter German government retirement payments into Turbotax.

Actually that article does not reflect the correct way to enter pensions from the German government (Rentenversicherung)
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies