turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jcd

I have 115,000 taxable income before taking a Roth conversion. I assume I can convert 38,000 and stay within my 25% tax bracket of 153,100 maximum. Is this true?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have 115,000 taxable income before taking a Roth conversion. I assume I can convert 38,000 and stay within my 25% tax bracket of 153,100 maximum. Is this true?

"my" 25%  bracket you cited is for MFJ. Single is different.
Hal_Al
Level 15

Yes, but hat's only *approximately* true. The additional $38K is income and changes your AGI and AGI governs other tax benefits. Common ones include medical deductions, tuition deductions and credits, child tax credit. 

TurboTax (TT) download software can be used to do trial returns to see the effect of changes. The tool is also useful. https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/?s=1

TurboTax Online (TTO) is not very useful that way

and remember your State taxes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies