Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

401k and roth, and financial donations to charity

The only retirement payments were to the 401K and Roth that is deducted weekly from my paycheck, do I have to file this information anywhere else?
Also, each month I have deducted $19.00 to the Humane Society of the United States via electronic deduction. Where do I claim that deduction?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The retirement contributions are on your W-2 form...and when you enter those in with your other W-2 data you are done.  Do not enter them anywhere else.

When you re done with all your income, you will be able to enter those charity donations on the Deductions & Credits page...

IF you can't find your charity donations entry place during the normal interview...then expand your menu to see everything and look in the charity section of the menu (pictures below)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The retirement contributions are on your W-2 form...and when you enter those in with your other W-2 data you are done.  Do not enter them anywhere else.

When you re done with all your income, you will be able to enter those charity donations on the Deductions & Credits page...

IF you can't find your charity donations entry place during the normal interview...then expand your menu to see everything and look in the charity section of the menu (pictures below)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies