Solved: Yes.  The IRS taxes worldwide income, so anything ...

areams2519

I'm currently in the military and stationed overseas. During off hours, I play semi professional basketball. If I make money will that need to be filled on my taxes?

CherylW

Yes.  The IRS taxes worldwide income, so anything you earn while a US citizen is subject to US tax.

CherylW

areams2519

Thank you. Do you know where I would fill it if I didn't receive any tax forms?
CherylW

You're going to report it as Foreign Income and see if you qualify to exclude any of it for 2017.  To do that, follow the interview steps:  To report Foreign Earned Income and Exclusions:
1.  Click Federal on the left-hand side menu.
2.  Click Income across the top.
3.  Scroll down to Less Common Income and click Show more.
4.  Click Start or Revisit by Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion.