turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

crawgun

I am in the military and turbo tax is trying to make me claim the state i live in instead of my SLR. I am stationed in Georgia and Georgia does not require me to file unless I earned money in their state outside of the military and I didnt

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am in the military and turbo tax is trying to make me claim the state i live in instead of my SLR. I am stationed in Georgia and Georgia does not require me to file unless I earned money in their state outside of the military and I didnt

In the Personal Info section for your name you should only be entering as your state of residence your Home of Record or the State of Legal Residence.  Since you are active military you should also indicate that you did Not live in any other states.  If your military pay in your only income then you should also indicate that you did Not make money in any other states.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

In the Personal Info section for your name you should only be entering as your state of residence your Home of Record or the State of Legal Residence.  Since you are active military you should also indicate that you did Not live in any other states.  If your military pay in your only income then you should also indicate that you did Not make money in any other states.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies