Solved: Yes, if the sale was done by your investment couns...

One question answered, but what if I don't know when acquired and when sold? This in regards to long term vs short term sale.

I'm don't understand all the lingo and I don't have copies of any of this. It is kept by my investment counselor. Need to call them? 

Yes, if the sale was done by your investment counselor, call him/her and ask about the following:

(1) date of acquisition

(2) cost of acquisition 

(3) date of sale

(4) price of sale

TurboTax will figure out if it is long term or short term based on the dates as well as correctly determine the gain from the cost of acquisition and the price of sale.

(1) date of acquisition

(2) cost of acquisition 

(3) date of sale

(4) price of sale