turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What address do I use for my textbook royalties?

If I receive royalties for a textbook I was contracted to coauthor for a publishing company, do I enter my address for the "property" or do I enter the publisher's address?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RituK

When reporting royalty income, the IRS instructions say address lines 1 and 2 should be left blank, but sometimes the program won't let you continue without an address.

In this case, the address of your Royalty Property may appear on income statements provided by the production company that pays you royalties. If you pay property taxes on the mineral rights, the statement from the tax assessor may have the property address. As a last resort, use your own address since the IRS is not expecting an address at all.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RituK

When reporting royalty income, the IRS instructions say address lines 1 and 2 should be left blank, but sometimes the program won't let you continue without an address.

In this case, the address of your Royalty Property may appear on income statements provided by the production company that pays you royalties. If you pay property taxes on the mineral rights, the statement from the tax assessor may have the property address. As a last resort, use your own address since the IRS is not expecting an address at all.

If the "Royalty Property" is intellectual property and not tangible, then I'm assuming I just put my address.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies