Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I try to import from Fidelity Inv, TT indicates that I need to sign into Intuit, but then I get a blank screen so I can't sign in or connect to Fidelity. Ideas?

I have tried to reboot the computer, update TT and nothing works.  I have used TT for many years and never had this problem.  I need this to work to avoid inputting 100s of lines manually!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I try to import from Fidelity Inv, TT indicates that I need to sign into Intuit, but then I get a blank screen so I can't sign in or connect to Fidelity. Ideas?

I HAVE THE ANSWER....

It's definitely a TT issue and it basically involves the screen resolution and scale.  A TT representative gave me the idea of playing with my screen resolution.  I usually use a very high resolution so I lowered to 800X600 which created a really large pop-up but it did come through.  It still would not allow me to enter the login and password but at least I can see the box.  Next I started increasing the resolution to 1280.  I then started playing with the scale and the boxes went live when I reduced it from 150% where I usually keep it to 100%.  Everything worked and I was able to download my Fidelity transactions.

View solution in original post

36 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described below: 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm having the exact same issue with Fidelity Investments.  Get a blank screen when I click on "continue" and attempt to sign into my TurboTax account.

All I can suggest is that you make sure that MS Edge is your primary browser, not Chrome or another one.

One person who was using the Brave browser...said they got it to work by turning off the Brave "Shields" (whatever they are)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am using MS edge as my primary browser.  When I try to sign into Fidelity Net Benefits, at least it gives me a sign in page, but I don't have any documents there.  I don't understand why I cant at least get to the sign on screen for Fidelity.  I tried multiple other options and can get to the sign in screen for all others.

ALL we can do is hope and pray the TTX programmers are actively working on this, and will figure it out in the next few weeks....It's a major issue here in the Forum this year...so it's likely the programmers screwed something up, and didn't test their changes very well.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks for your response - I will start praying!

Yes - I contacted Fidelity.   They said it is nothing on their side.   I should be able to import just like I have every other year.   They did mention that several clients are having the same issue.  I am hoping TT resolves it soon

@vservice    A couple others have noted it worked OK once they turned off their Pop-up blocker.  But I can't know if you have one set or not.  (you may not realize it yourself).

Other:  I have my Edge...Settings>>Privacy Search and Services  set to "Balanced"

and have no issue with getting my Fidelity data.

Running Windows 11, MS Edge and using TurboTax CD, not online service.  Running balanced privacy settings and have tried turning off Pop-up blocker.  Still a white screen to sign into Intuit before it will download from Fidelity.  Have tried turning off firewall and virus protection, no help.

@ron1000 

IF you are using the Desktop software, try the following:

Go up to the menu...top left...select "File".

From the pull-down menu, towards the bottom is "Sign In"....click on that.

See if you can sign in first there.  Of course, maybe it'll pop up a blank screen again

....I did have to wait a bit before the text and sign-in boxes showed up.

Nope....I clicked on "File" and it brings up the screen to "sign in" or "create account" but when I click to sign in it brings up a white screen and gens for awhile then nothing happens.  Get the same thing when trying to download from Fidelity.

Crud....really bad programming on TTX's part this year. Never change what already works.

In a different situation (not TTX) where I encountered a blank screen...I hit Rt-clk <Refresh> and it populated. But that's all grasping at straws.

Frac
Level 2

Yes, I'm having this exact same problem.  Fidelity said it doesn't seem to be on their end.  I worked with 3 Turbotax reps.  The last one said this is a known issue and fix is to be expected Feb 23.  I test it every day and still nothing, will we see it fixed on 2/23? Hopefully.  TT said it works ok on the online version.  If it doesn't work on the app I would expect a refund, but this has never been a problem in all the many years we used TT. Very frustrating. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's hope it gets fixed, They really missed the boat on this issue, NEVER should happen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies